Personalization has become such the norm in email marketing that soon the word "email" will imply a personalized communication.
In fact, we aren't too far from there, with a majority of customers reporting that they are willing to share personal information with companies in exchange for personalized offers or discounts.
So if customers are giving you information—and especially if you're also collecting behavioral and purchase information from your website—then there's no reason why emails shouldn't be customized.
An infographic by email marketing platform ActiveTrail is full of stats about how personalization is affecting consumers' interactions with email. The benefits of personalization are obvious by now. According to the graphic...
- Nearly three-fourths of marketers report that targeted messages and personalization of emails improve customer engagement.
- Personalized emails have been shown to deliver six times higher transactional rates than non-personalized emails.
- Over 90% of consumers have purchased at least one product or service as a result of an email campaign.
To get some personalization inspiration, check out the infographic.
Continue reading "Email Personalization: Stats and Tips [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email:
- Building Your Email Newsletter Is a Marathon, Not a Sprint
- How to Create a Powerful Email Marketing Funnel [Infographic]
- Seven Marketing Automation Campaigns That Should Get You Promoted
- Keep It Real: How to Not Over-Automate Email Sequences
- Four Tactics to Refresh Your 2021 Email Marketing Strategy