Small business owners have enough to worry about without getting into the nitty-gritty of credit card transactions. As long as your process works and you're able to accept payments from your customers, then you have more important things to worry about.
But credit card processing fees can add up, and understanding where your money is going can help you negotiate better rates.
- The four parties involved (credit card associations, issuing banks, processors, and payment gateways)
- The types of fees (incidental, flat, and transactional)
- The end-to-end process
- Pricing models
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Workers Want Most From Employers
- The Gig Economy and You: Jeremiah Owyang on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 10 Ways to Build Trust With Employees [Infographic]
- How to Get to Great Ideas by Pushing Past the Obvious: Dave Birss Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Overcoming Isolation to Boost Employee Engagement: 'Back to Human' Author Dan Schawbel on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]