A business without customers might as well not exist. In fact, no business will last long if it can't reach prospective customers to convince them to become paying customers.
Your business, too, must have a process for generating sales leads and converting them into customers. Traditionally, that process has been modeled as a funnel.
However, whether a funnel is the best way to conceptualize the process and match the customer journey has come under question in our Digital Era. Nevertheless, it remains a time-tested tool that works for many businesses.
The most important lead-generation success factor is a deep understanding of your potential customers' needs and wants at various stages of their journey to buying from you and becoming your customers.
Check it out for lead-gen tips and best-practices:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Demand Generation:
- How to Identify SQLs Based on Sales Intent Behavior: Awareness Stages and Demand Gen
- Using Behavioral Progressive Profiling to Drive Demand Generation
- How to Generate High-Quality Traffic That Turns Into Leads and Sales: Brian Dean on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- [Video] How to Use Neuroscience to Increase Your Demand Gen Success Threefold
- Quality Over Quantity in Lead- and Conversion-Scoring
- The Top Tactics for Generating High-Quality B2B Leads