A business without customers might as well not exist. In fact, no business will last long if it can't reach prospective customers to convince them to become paying customers.
Your business, too, must have a process for generating sales leads and converting them into customers. Traditionally, that process has been modeled as a funnel.
However, whether a funnel is the best way to conceptualize the process and match the customer journey has come under question in our Digital Era. Nevertheless, it remains a time-tested tool that works for many businesses.
The most important lead-generation success factor is a deep understanding of your potential customers' needs and wants at various stages of their journey to buying from you and becoming your customers.
Check it out for lead-gen tips and best-practices:
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Demand Generation:
- How Direct Mail Can Cut Through the Pandemic Marketing Clutter (And How to Obtain Those Valuable Home Addresses)
- Content + Data: The Pillars of a Successful Demand Gen Strategy
- Four Ways to Make Your Pitch Stand Out on LinkedIn
- Inbound vs. Outbound Lead Gen: A Visual Comparison [Infographic]
- How to Use Email to Support the Needs-Discovery Process
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.