Blink a few times... and the 2019 holiday-shopping season will be here. Smart marketers and retailers have already started making plans to capitalize on the year's most lucrative shopping season.
The infographic provides e-commerce stats and information on peak shopping times from the 2018 holiday-shopping season. For example:
- The highest traffic was on Black Friday, and it was 13.91% higher than the next busiest day, December 1.
- Cyber Monday had the highest conversion rate across the holiday season: 6.39%.
- 57.6% of shoppers used their phone to browse, with conversion rates rising to 5.6%.
The information is based on an analysis of over half a million visits in November and December to US and UK websites.
What was true in 2018 won't necessarily be true in 2019, but these stats are a great starting point for your holiday shopping-season planning. Check out the infographic for the data and the insights.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- Global Ad Spend Forecast for 2023: A Slowdown Ahead
- A Beginner's Guide to How Google Ads Work
- Global Ad Trends: TV Media Costs Have Jumped 31% Since 2019
- Digital Ad Strategy 101: A Starting Point
- Out-of-Home Advertising for B2B Marketing Success: Matthew O'Connor on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Impact of Reddit Ads [Infographic]