Blink a few times... and the 2019 holiday-shopping season will be here. Smart marketers and retailers have already started making plans to capitalize on the year's most lucrative shopping season.
The infographic provides e-commerce stats and information on peak shopping times from the 2018 holiday-shopping season. For example:
- The highest traffic was on Black Friday, and it was 13.91% higher than the next busiest day, December 1.
- Cyber Monday had the highest conversion rate across the holiday season: 6.39%.
- 57.6% of shoppers used their phone to browse, with conversion rates rising to 5.6%.
The information is based on an analysis of over half a million visits in November and December to US and UK websites.
What was true in 2018 won't necessarily be true in 2019, but these stats are a great starting point for your holiday shopping-season planning. Check out the infographic for the data and the insights.
Continue reading "Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Advertising & Promotions:
- Entertaining or Excessive? People's Perceptions of Various Ad Channels
- Ad Retargeting in 2021: Channel, Goal, and KPI Trends
- How to Make LinkedIn Ads Work for You: A.J. Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Advertising Budgets Are Evolving in 2021
- Four Best-Practices for Responsive Search Ads [Infographic]