A powerful marketing plan is essential for the success of any company or brand. Without it, no marketing strategy is complete—or viable.
And what is a marketing plan? It's "a comprehensive document or blueprint that outlines the advertising and marketing efforts for the coming year. It describes business activities involved in accomplishing specific marketing objectives within a set time frame.... The marketing plan shows the step or actions that will be utilized in order to achieve the plan goals." (Wikipedia)
Your marketing plan might be a highly formal, detailed document, or it can be informal and less detailed to allow for flexibility—or somewhere in between. In any case, most good marketing plans have various components in common.
An infographic by Tulsa-based advertising, branding, and digital agency Levo lays out the steps for creating a successful marketing plan—from actually defining what plan success looks like, do defining your audience and market, building customer profiles, determining budget, measuring results, and so on.
Check out the infographic for an outline of what it takes to put together a marketing plan, along with helpful stats and tips:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Ultimate Guide to Coming Up With Useful Ideas
- Four Marketing Approaches That Differentiate Successful B2B Brands
- Marketing Experts Reflect on Their 2020 Predictions [Infographic]
- Close the Marketing Performance Gap: How to Start Delivering on the Most Important Metrics
- Economic Uncertainty Is Resurrecting the CMO Role