In the era of COVID-19, how do you sign off your marketing emails in a way that fits your brand—but still shows that you're aware of what's going on out there in the world for your customers?
"I usually sign off my marketing emails with 'cheers,' but that suddenly seemed a bit inappropriate given the COVID-19 situation," Linda Formichelli, founder and creative director of Hero's Journey Content, told me.
So she came up with 30+ options for email signoffs, she said. She placed them in a chart, listed from best to worst, with options for both cheeky and formal brand images.
"Notice how just a few months ago, this chart would have been flipped upside-down!" Formichelli pointed out.
By the way, if the concept for the infographic looks familiar, that's because she also came up with "30 Creative Alternatives to 'Unprecedented,'" which MarketingProfs also published.
Check out the best (and worst) email signoffs during COVID-19:
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Email Marketing:
- How to Use Email Suppression Lists for Better Email Marketing
- Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for B2B Email Marketing Success | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 'Best' Use Cases for Unique Generative AI-Crafted Emails (Unfortunately!)
- New B2B Email Marketing Techniques That Work Right Now | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Beyond Open Rate: Eight Metrics for More Effective Email Marketing
- The Biggest Blocks During the Email Production Process