Boosting your rankings on Google is vital: It means more traffic to your site and an increase in leads.
One of the most reliable ways to rank well is link-building. But it's not only the most popular link-building tactics that perform well. Some lesser-used approaches are just as good.
Though Google's algorithms continually change, digital marketers tend to use the same tactics over and over, including guest-posting, broken-link replacement, and the skyscraper technique (updating and upgrading existing content with new and better-quality backlinks).
And those tactics work. Except everyone uses them, and websites daily receive a flood of similar pitches and requests as a result.
Enter underrated link-building tactics that are just as or more effective and help you stand out.
An infographic by digital performance marketing agency Spiralytics outlines lesser-used but high-performing tactics, such as interviews, resource pages, partner links, image reclamation, profile links, linking out/ego bait, second-tier link building, and others.
Check out the infographic for more, including best-practices for earning backlinks:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Relationships, Relevance, and Content Marketing for Banks: Shondell Varcianna on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How 'Tangential Content' Can Elevate Your B2B Company's Link-Building
- How to Use Video for Every Stage of the Sales Funnel
- How to Make Product Videos That Actually Drive Sales (Article 1 of 3)
- Webinars vs. Podcasts: Are You Making the Right Choice? [Infographic]