The Role of B2B Email During Challenging Economic Times
With economic uncertainty ahead in 2023, marketing teams are recalibrating their budgets and focusing on efficiency. At the same time, sales cycles are increasing, and more people are involved in the selection process.
In this session with April Mullen, you'll discover how email can help reduce your customer acquisition costs and increase customer lifetime value during a time when it really matters.
- Ways to sustainably grow your contact database and convert anonymous users
- How to let the buyer self-serve the journey through email
- The rationale for being more personal and showing brand values in your emails
- Where you should take inspiration from B2C to better connect with individuals through email
April has 15+ years of experience working in marketing for brands, agencies, and in martech. She's an Adjunct Professor of Digital Marketing at the University of Missouri-St. Louis and writes for industry publications, including Forbes and MediaPost.
8 Email Best Practices for 2023
Email marketing is both an art and a science. It takes patience, testing, and creativity to get it right. No matter who your customer is, improving your email marketing can help you increase brand loyalty... and sales.In this session, Salesforce's Ruth Bolster and Hilary Givens, will show you how to think about your emails within the larger customer journey.
- How to choose impactful KPIs that showcase customer engagement
- How to maintain your deliverability (and when it's ok to say goodbye to unengaged prospects)
- How to add AI into your toolset to drive more engagement and save time
Ruth is a product marketing manager at Salesforce. Before joining Salesforce, she worked as a sales rep, lead generation marketer, and product marketer.
Hilary is a product marketer at Salesforce with a passion for turning complex product knowledge into thoughtful, engaging content. In both her career and personal life, she is fueled by creativity, problem solving, and her community.
Creating a Scalable A/B Testing Strategy
If you're a marketer wearing approximately 17 hats, you're probably running low on time. When it comes to email marketing, it can often feel like a set-it-and-forget-it channel that doesn't get the TLC it needs to grow.
Developing a scalable A/B testing strategy can enable you to determine what type of test is worth your time and lead your marketing program into new shapes. In this session, Naomi West will run through three tests and show how the learnings were applied to future email marketing strategies to drive future engagement and conversion.
- A framework for how to develop an A/B testing plan
- How to calculate statistical significance in email performance
- Inspiration for future tests to run in your own marketing program
Naomi is a senior email and lifecycle marketer with 6+ years of experience in SaaS and e-commerce. She is passionate about email accessibility and loves to find unique email inspiration in her own inbox.