"Safetytown" a site that contains a melodramatic and droll video about a family whose credit card has been phished for a mysterious purchase in Arkansas...
was launched by Symantec today to promote its online security software.
The campaign is created by The Night Agency, who no doubt hopes that the quirky site will go viral. The site has wallpapers, sells the dad's bathrobe, and offers a trial download of Norton Internet Security.
Hopefully, Symantec, whose customer service is notoriusly awful, plans to imrove its corporate attitude as well as marketing.
I also think the email Darren Paul sent to bloggers was a terrific pitch Why can't PR people send stuff like this?
Please check out our most recent campaign launch... PHISHED!, only available at....
It is very important that you send this around.
Send this to:
- your college roommate that you haven't spoken to in awhile.
- your high school gym teacher with the bad breath and polyester shorts.
- your work friends on the floor above you that you wish you saw more.
- your shrink
- your electrician
- your childhood penpal from Lisbon
- your day-to-day buddy lists
- your favorite local bartender
We're counting on you to make this movie spread. We worked real hard on it, so it would be a shame if you didn't pass it on for others to enjoy.
Let us know your thoughts. If you do not want to receive things from us in the future, let me know, we'll remove you from this list.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Five Tips for Making Company-Culture Videos That Captivate Your Customers' Hearts (Article 2 of 3)
- The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands in 2020
- The Most Significant Challenges to B2B Brand-Building
- Brand Guidelines: It's High Time to Revamp How We Create and Use Them
- The Recipe for 'Brand Hysteria': Johnny Cupcakes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]