Mike Wagner wrote a heartfelt valentine to Mom .... the original "brand manager" .... on his Own Your Brand blog. His own Mom, he says, in essence taught him...
...the fundamentals of brand ownership. Mike writes:
I can still hear her voice in those brand-critical "moments of truth" every parent faces raising children:
* "I don't care if everyone else is doing it, you won't be doing it."
* "That's not how I taught you to treat people. Go back and make it right!"
* "Are you going out looking like that? That's not how you dress to meet the public!"
* "That's how we do things in this family!" (The ultimate brand management dictum.)
In a comment, Tom Guarriello summed up Mike's post nicely: In branding, "–leaders (Moms, in your example) make all the difference. Keeping the brand personality on the right track, making sure it's well behaved, well dressed and well spoken is a huge undertaking–kind of like raising a child."
So give your own Mom a huge thanks! And yes, I realize Mother's Day was yesterday, so I'm a day late in flagging Mike's Thank You. But speaking as a Mom, trust me–mothers are happy to hear "thank you" any old time: Mother's Day, again on the day after Mother's Day, or any old Tuesday in May.
As long as they hear it–eventually.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Five Tips for Making Company-Culture Videos That Captivate Your Customers' Hearts (Article 2 of 3)
- The 10 Most Valuable Global Brands in 2020
- The Most Significant Challenges to B2B Brand-Building
- Brand Guidelines: It's High Time to Revamp How We Create and Use Them
- The Recipe for 'Brand Hysteria': Johnny Cupcakes on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]