The professional services firm Deloitte has released today the foresight study Eye to the Future...
...with the enigmatic subtitle: "How TMT advances could change the way we live in 2010." TMT, it turns out, stands for "Technology, Media and Telecommunications."
The report looks at how technology advances will change the way we live our lives: "Although we won't be watching holographic TV or travelling to work in flying cars, technology will be far more involved in our everyday lives than ever before .... from the car to the classroom, the living room to the office and essentially everywhere in between".
According to the Deloitte website, the report looks at the impact technology will have on:
* How we educate our children - What technologies will be used? Will these displace teachers? Will there be increased opportunities for cheating and skipping classes?
* How we entertain ourselves - Will broadband turn surfing into prime time entertainment? Will next generation video games be able to burn billions of calories as well as develop the mind? Will user generated content be our main form of entertainment?
* How we work - Will work place boundaries blur, both socially and geographically? Will the office team disaggregate? What role will search have on productivity?
* How we travel - Will robots be driving our cars? Will the growing use of GPS mean individuals lose their sense of direction? Will the last refuge from the office finally disappear as airplanes, buses and trains get connected?
* How we communicate - Will more people get connected? Will video calls become the norm?
Download report (pdf, 449 kb, 24 pages)
Continue reading "Deloitte's Eye to the Future" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- The 4Es of Video: How to Align Your Marketing Content Strategy With Buyer Expectations
- The State of Video Marketing in 2021 [Infographic]
- 12 Key Digital Content Distribution Channels [Infographic]
- How to Make Your Brand's Storytelling More Compelling
- How to Create a Corporate Video Brief: Use This Easy Template