A great discussion on a Harvard Business School site on the impact of the new consumerist on global trade. Here's an interesting part....
"There is another way in which consumer market regulation drives trade. Countries tend to enjoy export success in product segments for which their domestic consumers favor high levels of quality. French wines succeed internationally because they enjoy domestic market regulations that promote demand for quality production.
"Such cases suggest that we need to pay more attention to domestic consumer market regulation as a source of national competitiveness."
What has been your sustainable global competitive advantage?
[Caveat emptor = Buyer beware]
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Tips for Building a Video Marketing Campaign
- How to Use Live Video to Market Your Business [Infographic]
- E-Commerce Holiday Content: What to Write About, and for Whom [Infographic]
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Win at Content Marketing to Generation Z