I like to think I do but it requires all of these traits, and more.
And don't fool yourself for a second thinking that the smarter you are, the more effective you will be in a country other than your homeland. Brainpower is not everything here. It helps but the softer skills such energy, enthusiasm, sensitivity and resiliency work remarkably well in places where you are clueless about the culture.
If you want to learn a little more about core competencies that are required for pure, raw global leadership capabilities, take a peek here.
Continue reading "Do You Have the Skills Needed to Work Across Borders?" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Three Ways to Adapt Your Sales Content for Virtual Selling Success
- What B2B Executives Want From Thought Leadership Content
- Six Tips for Generating More Leads With Your Marketing Content
- The Impact of Digital Currencies on Future Marketing Efforts: Jeremiah Owyang on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- A Snapshot of the Content Creator and Influencer Economy [Infographic]