If we all believe we need to be the "Purple Cow," why do so many marketers behave like sheep? If it's so important to rise-above-the-clutter-think-outside-the-box-break-from-the-pack, why are there so many me-too messages out there?
Yeah, it's a rhetorical question. Because we all know the answers -- the usual suspects: fear, inertia, obsession with the competition. Sometimes a lack of imagination. Sometimes sheer (or in this case, shear) laziness.
But I do suggest a path out of the sheepfold and into the light. You can see/hear my thoughts in the accompanying video:
Continue reading "Do I Smell... Lanolin?" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- The 4Es of Video: How to Align Your Marketing Content Strategy With Buyer Expectations
- The State of Video Marketing in 2021 [Infographic]
- 12 Key Digital Content Distribution Channels [Infographic]
- How to Make Your Brand's Storytelling More Compelling
- How to Create a Corporate Video Brief: Use This Easy Template