Let's have a show of hands: Who attended last week's virtual Digital Marketing World?
I know a lot of you did, and thanks for coming. It was an amazing event (and don't worry, if you missed the September 16th event, the whole thing is still available On Demand).
One of my favorite sessions was the keynote with Tina Brown. Prior to last Wednesday's event, I got a direct message on Twitter in which someone asked me, "What does Tina Brown have to say to marketers?" The answer is, "Actually, plenty!"
Tina isn't a marketer, of course. She's an editor, publisher, and writer. Most recently, she founded The Daily Beast.com, an online news source. But her experience matching the message to the audience (and her advice on how to grow an audience's engagement with you and your message) is directly relevant to marketing today. That's especially true as more and more organizations are relying on content to attract and retain customers, which narrows that gap between what Tina does and what you do.
I encourage you to check it out .... especially the latter half of her video talk and the Q&A at the end, when she really gets to the meat of the issue. Check it out -- and please let me know what you think, below!
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Reasons Your Marketing Messages Aren't Hitting the Spot, and How to Make Sure They Do
- Unleash the Power of Video Marketing for Your Business: Five Ideas for Video Content
- 15 Ways to Tap the Power of Collaborative Content
- Podcasts as a Learning (and Teaching) Medium for Marketing (And More)
- Context Is Everything: Transmedia vs. Integrated Campaigns [Video]