I read lots of marketing blogs. Some are good; some are less good. But a few stand out for consistently outstanding content. Post after post, year after year, they teach, challenge, and inspire readers with insightful perspectives and actionable advice. I'm not sure how they keep doing it, but as long as they do, I'll keep bloggers like these on my must-read list.
Rohit Bhargava has practical strategies anyone—whether corporate executive or small business owner—can implement today. He often finds inspiration in unlikely places, such as the Memphis drum shop that racked up 20 million YouTube channel views with videos demonstrating cymbals to virtual customers.
2. The Oracle of Email: No Man is an Iland
Mark Brownlow—an Englishman based in Vienna—uses a conversational style for the serious analysis of email marketing topics, with data-driven conclusions and recommendations. The blog also serves as an occasional sounding board where he theorizes and invites discussion.
3. The B2B Strategist: Marketing Interactions
Ardath Albee might write for a B2B audience at Marketing Interactions, but even B2C marketers will benefit from her common sense insights. You might not even realize your marketing strategy has gone awry until she reminds you to focus on correct priorities and goals.
4. The Web Analytics Maven: Occam's Razor
Find out just how much your analytics can—and should—tell you with guidance from Avinash Kaushik's aptly named Occam's Razor. His real-world analogies and sense of humor make the sometimes-mysterious topic accessible to all but the most tech-challenged layperson.
5. The Mentalist: Neuromarketing
Marketing is an art—but it's also a science. And Roger Dooley's Neuroscience blog takes a close look at the scientific reasons people do what they do. In a recent post, for instance, he profiled a study that demonstrates just how far an apology will go toward appeasing an offended customer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Four Steps to Stronger B2B Case Studies: Bob Wiesner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Eight Approaches for Coming Up With Great Infographic Ideas [Infographic]
- How B2B Marketers Can Avoid the Bane of Boring Content
- How to Level-Up Your Content Marketing With a Topic-Cluster Plan
- Small Business Content Marketing Trends for 2022
- 16 Tips for Becoming a Better Content Writer [Infographic]