There is no denying that marketing automation delivers results: a 10% increase in marketing contribution to pipeline, a 20% increase in generated sales opportunities for nurtured leads versus non-nurtured leads, and converting 53% more leads to Marketing-qualified leads.
The most common reasons given for reluctance to adopt marketing automation range from lack of time or budget to the inability to get executive approval.
One less-talked-about objection, however, is the most likely culprit: fear of the unknown. The biggest hesitation comes from those who have not used marketing automation before. For those unfamiliar with the technology, it can be scary to make the decision to invest in it. No one wants to screw up, or look dumb by not being able to use all the bells and whistles.
However, there are numerous resources for studying up on marketing automation. This video from Salesfusion's Marketing Minutes Video Series provides an overview of what marketing automation is, also outlining how to determine whether a business could benefit from a marketing automation solution.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- The Saturated Marketing Tech Landscape: The Case for Consolidation
- Navigating the Marketing AI Landscape of 2024: Four Trends
- Martech 2024: Three Trend Predictions
- How to Gain Managerial Approval for Your Go-to-Market Strategy
- Fundamental Change Is Coming to B2B Marketing in 2024
- Knuckle Down in 2024: Three Predictions for Tough B2B Marketers