The Internet of Things is forecast to double in size—from 15.4 billion Internet-connected devices in 2015 to 30.7 billion in 2020. Here are four ways to dominate the massive IoT marketing boom that's headed our way.
1. Get familiar with the idea of zettabytes
You may not know this term yet; it's not a data size that marketers are used to. A zettabyte is 1,000 exabytes. Or one million petabytes. That's one billion terabytes and one trillion gigabytes.
According to telecommunications giant Ericcson, IoT sensors and devices will produce 400 zettabytes of data in the next year.
2. Find an IoT marketing strategist
Knowing what to do with all that information will be a major factor in determining the success of marketing campaigns. Agencies and brands are going to need a person (or team) to understand the different signals coming from IoT devices and how to harness insights to fine-tune marketing efforts.
Qualified candidates need to have the expertise to work with data onboarding software solutions while possessing a broad vision to connect data to known identities. Expect savvy engineers who think like marketers to be among your most coveted human capital—very soon.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing Events in a Post-Pandemic World: Opportunities for Innovation
- Digital Transformation During COVID-19: How Can Marketers Lead the Way?
- What B2B Buyers Want From Tech Vendors Right Now
- Five Ways to Keep Marketing Even If Your Marketing Budget Is Quarantined
- B2B Decision-Maker Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Marketing, Buying, and Sales