Consumer preference for accessing content through mobile devices is now almost universal. Business buyers are not far behind, using their devices to research their needs and identify further sources of information, potential vendors, and service providers.
In fact, B2B mobile usage is intensifying throughout the entire buying cycle. According to a Google and Millward Brown Digital study of 3,000 B2B decision-makers about their research and purchase habits:
- 42% of researchers use a mobile device during their purchasing process.
- Search activity for those using a smartphone has intensified.
- B2B researchers aren't just using mobile devices when they are out of the office; 49% of those who use their mobile devices for research—comparing prices, reading about products, comparing feature sets—do so while at work.
Companies can respond to these opportunities by infusing "mobile experiences" that span marketing, customer service, e-commerce, and IT functions so that the customer experience is fluid, yet consistent.
Here are four ways B2B companies can use mobile along the customer journey.
1. Build immediacy in customer engagement with SMS texts
SMS offers B2B marketers unparalleled reach, a simple method of engagement, and the ability to deliver information with a sense of immediacy.
Although SMS is powerful in its own right, it is also a highly effective complement to other digital marketing tactics. Employing SMS is the easiest initial method for customers and prospects to connect to your brand, and as a way to opt in to your use of their mobile phone number.
Offer a service where your business clients can sign up for text-based ordering reminders. For instance, if a company orders your product or service every quarter, send a "time to reorder?" message a few days before the normal ordering date. If you make your customers' jobs easier and less stressful, they'll consider your company for future purchasing decisions.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Boost Your Open Rates With Messaging Apps [Infographic]
- The Mobile Opportunity: Recognizing the Power of Apps and the Mobile Web
- When Is the Right Time for Mobile Marketing Messages?
- The Summer Road Trip in 2019: Mobile and Social Trends [Infographic]
- Mobile Wallet Usage Around the World [Infographic]