E-books are valuable fuel for your content marketing engine.
According to a 2017 DemandGen Report, 63% of people are willing to register and share information about themselves in exchange for e-books. E-books assist in positioning people and companies as thought leaders, provide value to customers and prospects, and generate leads.
However, e-books are as vulnerable to the phenomenon of content shock as all other content marketing formats. With 3.3 million pieces of content posted to Facebook every minute, and 50% of content online getting eight shares or less, creating content that stands out isn't easy.
So creating a high-quality, standout e-book is a challenge. Creating a high-quality standout e-book with a bad topic is near impossible. But if you read the following steps, you'll find generating a captivating e-book topic just takes a little practice.
What Should an E-Book Be About?
There are three common sources of information you can mine to help generate an e-book topic.
1. Your Company
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Effective Tactics for Promoting Your Content
- Why Podcasts? Why Now? How to Leverage the Power of Podcasts for Your Brand
- How Much Does a Video Cost to Produce? [Infographic]
- How to Align Sales and Content Marketing Teams
- Content Marketing Has Become Risky Business: How to Win in a Data-Driven World