In business, organic growth "comes down to product-market fit," says longtime software industry veteran and CEO Dave Sikora.
Not a phrase you're familiar with? Let's clarify what it means before we talk about how to achieve it.
The concept is often applied to startups and early-stage companies, but it is relevant for any company bringing new solutions to market or pursuing new markets—key areas of focus for organic growth.
How to Work the Product-Market Fit Equation
Solving the product-market fit equation requires you to know why customers would want and use your product and how you are going to attract those customers to your product. Classic Marketing—with a capital "M."
When working with that equation, Marketing needs to excel at five capabilities.
1. Understanding the Needs and Wants of the Market and Customers
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Using Customer Insights to Elevate Your Marketing
- A Seven-Step Guide to Creating a Successful Marketing Plan [Infographic]
- The State of Conversational Marketing: Online Customer Experience, Chatbots, Trends
- How Well Do You Know Marketing Trends? Test Your Knowledge. [Quiz]
- How In-Store Music Affects the Retail Experience [Infographic]