Social media can be an excellent channel for engaging with potential customers. Used intentionally, it can also facilitate lead generation.
1. A Robust Content Strategy
Companies can get 4.5 times more leads by publishing 16 posts per month instead of 4, and 47% of B2B buyers pay close notice to content and will read at least 3-5 pieces before they make a decision to buy (or not), a HubSpot study has found.
Apart from posting often, however, your content must be engaging and relevant.
Each post should answer a question your target customers might be asking. When you answer their questions, you show you understand their needs and know how to meet them. Other ways to make your content more engaging:
- Using video
- Writing shorter posts that are fast and easy to read
- Optimizing the heading and text for search engines (SEO)
2. Video Marketing
B2C marketers understand the potential of video. It can be just as robust in B2B. To engage your prospects with a video, follow these simple rules:
- Tell a story. Start with a problem your clients are likely to be concerned about, and end with a solution.
- Pack with action, not words. "Talking head" videos are dull. Whenever you can, show your solution in action rather than merely tell about it.
- Grab attention fast. The first 8-10 seconds of the video determine whether it will be watched to the end.
- Keep it short. Businesspeople with tight schedules are not keen on video longer than 1-2 minutes.
- Use subtitles in case your video will be watched without sound; many people do just that when at work.
- Include a call to action (button or link) at the end.
3. LinkedIn Groups
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Improving Demand Gen Results With Less Content
- The Marketing Channel You've Been Missing
- How to Make an Effective Testimonial Video: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile for Inbound Sales Inquiries: Get Found by Buyers
- 10 Demand-Gen Campaign 'Gotchas' to Overcome for Flawless Marketing Automation Execution