Video is getting hotter by the day, becoming the most popular of mediums for content marketing, and marketing in general. If you're considering using video, here are seven tips to help you build a solid video marketing campaign.
1. Come up with a solid concept
The first step is to know, and write down, what you want the video to be about. It may seem you can just jump in and start creating a video, but without a concept you have nothing to work with.
To ensure your video marketing campaign begins on the right note, it's important to identify the following:
- Your target audience. Who is the target audience of the video? Identify the people you want to reach. Your audience will determine the style, tone, and content of your video.
- The product or service you want to feature. Create a solid concept around what you want to promote. A likely option is that you feature your products or services, highlighting their benefits and features.
- The message you want to deliver. What do you want people to do after watching your video? You need a call to action (CTA) or a message that tells the audience what to do next. Learn more about your company? Visit your website? Begin a trial subscription...?
2. Keywords are critical
Keyword research is mostly done for written copy or content for websites and online ads. However, that doesn't mean it doesn't apply to videos. If you go to YouTube and enter search words in the search bar, you'll find a drop-down box full of suggestions. Those are the top video searches related to your search:
Various tools online can help you with finding the right keywords for your video and campaign. Once you have the keywords, you can optimize the script and other content for the video you'll be creating.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Steps for Conducting an Efficient Content Audit and Deriving the Most Value From Your Content
- Six Proven Ways to Level Up Demand Gen With Video
- Why You Shouldn't Try to Control Anchor Text When Link-Building
- How to Create High-Converting Descriptions for Your Product Pages
- Top B2B Content Marketing Statistics for Your 2020 Content Strategy [Infographic]