Despite a weak economy, the salaries of most SEO professionals have remained strong in 2009, according to SEMPO's Second Annual in-House Salary Survey.
A higher percentage of SEO professionals with 5-7 years experience say they are earning between $60,000 and $90,000 in 2009, compared with 2007:
- 11% are earning between $60,001 and $70,000, compared with 8% in 2007.
- 16% are earning between $70,001 and $80,000, compared with 10% in 2007.
- 12 % are earning between $80,001 and $90,000, compared with 8% in 2007.
Similarly, a higher percentage of SEO professionals with 5-7 years experience say they are earning between $120,000 and $160,000 in 2009, compared with 2007:
- 9% are earning between $120,001 and $140,000, compared with 4% in 2007.
- 8% are earning between $140,001 and $160,000, compared with 6% in 2007.
Meanwhile, salaries in the $160 to $250 range have decreased for the same experience level.
The majority of survey respondents are in-house marketing professionals, with salaries ranging between $40,000 and $80,000 annually. Overall, 88% of respondents say they are part of a dedicated in-house search marketing team, each falling under various organizational departments:
- 71% under marketing
- 8% under IT/programming
- 7% marketing communications
- 13% under other departments
The largest percentage of respondents, including 39% of senior analysts, 34% of managers, and 30% of entry level analysts, say they are focused on organic search and PPC only. Overall responses vary based on the individual's role in the company.
Aside from SEO and PPC, respondents also say they also spend a considerable amount of their time working on social networking and email marketing campaigns, the survey finds.
About the data: The survey was conducted in the second quarter of 2009 by SEMPO, a global nonprofit organization serving the search engine marketing industry and marketing professionals engaged in it.
Continue reading "SEO Professionals' Salaries Hold Steady" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Career Management:
- How to Be a Career-Changing Mentor [Infographic]
- The State of Gender Diversity in Marketing Roles [Infographic]
- 12 Work-From-Home Productivity Hacks [Infographic]
- Marketing Jobs in 2021: Location and Salary Trends [Infographic]
- Do Hiring Managers Check Job Applicants' Social Media Profiles? [Infographic]