The new study, which was initially presented at the Oct-2011 Pivot Conference held in New York City, explores the preferences social consumers across a broad range of categories.
Top Smartphone Platforms
Top Social Apps
Not for Nothing
Top Group-Buying Apps
Among the most popular apps (as of October 2011), social consumers cited Groupon (76%) and Coupons.com ( 69%). Notably, Facebook Deals, with 56% share in October, was closed by the company in late 2011, after the survey was fielded.
Though in fourth place as of October (with 48%), Living Social will likely claim some of the market share left by Facebook's exit.
Other key findings:
- Online Gaming: Zynga (Farmville, Mafia Wars, Words with Friends, Zynga Poker) is the most popular games platform on mobile with 61% of market share, followed by World of Warcraft (33%), Second Life (21%), Playdom (Wild Ones) (15%), and ngmoco (We Rule) (14%).
- Content Sharing: The most popular types of information to share are music (54%) and video (53%), followed by location check‐ins (42%); 31% of social consumers say they don't share information and want most of their social activity kept private.
- Top Photo Services: Color (26%), CameraBag (25%), and Dailybooth (25%) are nearly tied for the top mobile photo-sharing service, followed by Darkroom (15%) and Instagram (14%).
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- You CAN Use Social Media for B2B (Even in a Pandemic): 'Ultimate Guide to Social Media' Authors Talk With Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How Marketers Can Succeed With Instagram Stories [Infographic]
- Your B2B Influencer Strategy: How to Get it Right
- Retargeting on LinkedIn: What B2B Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- 10 Simple Tips and Tropes for Writing Engaging Social Media Copy