On average, companies that publish 15 or more blog articles per month generate five times more Web traffic than companies that don't blog at all, and those that blog 9-15 times per month generate three times more traffic than companies that don't blog:
Below, additional findings from the report titled "Marketing Benchmarks From 7,000 Businesses," by HubSpot, based on data collected from its customer base of some 7,000 brands.
Blogging drives traffic because published content gets indexed in search engines and shared via various channels, including social media. By committing to regularly publishing blog content, companies can build up a powerful arsenal of content, with each article published creating another inroad to a website, HubSpot found.
Small businesses (1-10 employees) tend to generate a bigger lift than larger companies when they accumulate published blog content:
When companies boost their blogging efforts, Web traffic volume increases in varying degrees:
- On average, companies generate a 45% lift in traffic when they increase the number of published blog posts from 11-20 articles to 21-50 articles.
- B2C companies generate a 59% increase in traffic after growing total published blog articles from 100 to 200.
Blogging efforts also appear to impact lead generation.
Companies that have published more than 200 blog articles generate 5 times more leads than those with 10 or fewer posts:
B2B companies that blog only 1-2 times per month generate 70% more leads than those that don't blog, HubSpot found.
However, surprisingly, B2C companies generate a bigger lift in leads as they grow their arsenal of blog posts:
Boosting blogging efforts pays off: Companies that increase the number of blog posts from 3-5 per month to 6-8 per month nearly double their monthly lead count.
Using social media also boosts traffic:
- Companies gain a 185% lift in Web traffic after achieving 1,000 Facebook likes.
- Companies with 51 to 100 Twitter followers generate 106% more traffic than those with 25 or fewer followers.
About the data: Findings are based on the analysis of data collected among 7,000 companies that use HubSpot's Inbound Marketing platform. The data was collected in July and August 2012.
Continue reading "Blogging Drives Leads, Website Traffic" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Social Media:
- How Including Links in LinkedIn Posts Affects Engagement
- The Benefits of LinkedIn for B2B Marketers [Infographic]
- Five Useful LinkedIn Hashtags for Marketers [Infographic]
- How to Succeed With Video on 6 Popular Social Networks [Infographic]
- How to Make Sure Your Social Media Strategy Succeeds: Take a Cross-Discipline Approach