US social advertising revenues will grow from $4.7 billion in 2012 to $11.0 billion in 2017—a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6%—while locally targeted social ad revenues are projected to grow at a 26.4% CAGR, from $1.12 billion in 2012 to $3.62 billion in 2017, according to a forecast by BIA/Kelsey, which advises companies in the local media industry.
BIA/Kelsey expects social advertising's local penetration to steadily increase as social networks continually improve the ease of onboarding, local targeting, and campaign management both for brands and for small-to-midsize businesses.
Below, additional details about social advertising from BIA/Kelsey's US Local Media Forecast (2012-2017).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]
- Programmatic Media Buying: A Marketer's Guide
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]
- Global Ad Spend Trends: Forecasts by Medium and Country