The size of the buyer's business, as measured by employee base, is the second most valuable additional data point for leads: 31% of marketers say it would be extremely valuable to know.
That's followed by industry type (29% say it would be extremely valuable) and job title (20%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on a survey of 500 of Business.com's pay-per-lead advertisers focused on the SMB market.
The survey found significant interest in leads generated through content marketing campaigns:
- Most survey respondents are interested in leads generated from the publication of whitepapers (51% say these leads are valuable/extremely valuable).
- 34% say leads from hosted webinars that feature their company or products are valuable/extremely valuable.
- Respondents also expressed interest in leads generated from sponsored email (38% say they are valuable/extremely valuable), video (35%), and case studies (38%).
Hot Transfers and Lead Scoring
- 42% of survey respondents expressed strong interest in "hot transfers"—the practice of connecting companies immediately with leads as they come in.
- 60% of respondents are very interested in lead scoring, whereby individual leads are assigned a score reflecting the likelihood a response.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in May 2013 of 500 of Business.com's active pay-per-lead advertisers focused on the SMB market.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- How to Close a Sale: 12 Tips for Success [Infographic]
- Buyers Leave Your Clients. Find Them and Sell to Them Again.
- A Guide to Effectively Qualifying B2B Leads [Infographic]
- Three Account-Based Tools That B2B Companies Need Now to Lift Revenues
- How B2B Leaders Can Improve Lead Generation in Their Organizations