Asked how many pieces of content a company needs to share/curate, survey respondents suggested numbers ranging from 0 to 135, with the most common response being 10 pieces of content (19% of respondents).
Nearly half of marketers surveyed (45%) say they are unable to meet their curation goals and admit their companies do not share as much content as they should.
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey of 131 US marketers.
- 74% of marketers surveyed say curation is an important part of their content strategy.
- 54% agree automation is important for effective content curation.
- 53% believe content curation is becoming less effective because of content saturation.
Content Marketing Trends
- 82% of survey respondents say content is more likely to be consumed if it is visual.
- 49% say mobile content consumption habits will displace traditional discovery routes.
Time Spent on Content Marketing
- The marketers surveyed spend 28% of their time on average on content marketing.
- 50% would spend 40% or more of their time on content marketing if limitations did not exist.
About the research: The report was based on a survey of 131 US marketers (both B2C and B2B) conducted in the fourth quarter of 2013.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Do Most B2B Marketers Gate Content?
- A Podcast Within a Podcast Within a Podcast: Inception Marketing With Lindsay Tjepkema on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Content Marketing Report: Benchmarks, Budgets, Trends, and COVID-19 Response
- Effective Content Types for Each Stage of the Buyer's Journey [Infographic]
- Beyond Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Real ROI With Content Operations