A list of products is the most valued piece of information (12% of respondents picked it as most important), followed by a price list (11%), phone number (11%), physical address (10%), and hours of operation (10%), the survey of 811 consumers in the US and Canada found.
Only 4% of respondents say an attractive website is the most important element, and just 3% cite company images, according to the study.
As for the least-valued elements on local business websites, only 1% of respondents are interested in company blogs and in pictures of staff members.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- Only 5% of respondents say a bad or ugly website would put them off from using a local business altogether.
- Older consumers (55+) give more credit to a business that has a "clean and smart" website, whereas younger consumers (18-34) are more design-oriented and less likely to use a business that has a clunky site.
- Consumers age 18-34 are twice as likely than those age 55+ to contact a local business if they have a website.
- Business proximity is the most important factor when deciding whether to use a local business (18% cited as the top factor).
- Clear contact details (16%) and company information (16%) are also key factors.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 811 US and Canadian consumers (46% male, 54% female).
Continue reading "What Info Do Consumers Value Most on Local Business Websites?" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
Sign in with your preferred account, below.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Web Sites:
- Your B2B Website Power Page: Seven Must-Have Ingredients
- Does Your Website Really Need That? Five Elements to Rethink
- Google's Guide to User-Generated Content [Infographic]
- Eight Questions Website Visitors Want Answered Within 10 Seconds [Infographic]
- The Anatomy of a Great Business Website
- What B2B Marketers Need to Know About Core Web Vitals