Some 60% of respondents say increasing the number of leads generated from their website is a top objective in the year ahead, and 50% view increasing traffic is a major goal, the survey of 336 B2B and B2C marketers found.
Other top objectives for websites: increasing visitor engagement (42% of respondents say it's a top priority), increasing sales transactions (35%), and increasing brand awareness (32%).
Regarding whether websites meet those objectives, 72% of marketers say their current website is "somewhat successful" and only 8% rate their site as "very successful."
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Most Important Pages
- 57% of marketers surveyed say they optimized their website's homepage in the past year.
- 44% optimized their product/solutions pages in the past year.
- 27% reworked their lead generation forms.
62% of respondents believe the call-to-action on a page has the biggest impact of any visible element.
- 77% of respondents do not use personalization on their website, 18% use it moderately, and 5% use it extensively.
- Of those sites that include personalization, 36% have transitioned from manual to automated practices that dynamically generate pages based on IP, behavioral, and other data.
- 49% of respondents say their company outsources all or part of its website optimization program.
- 47% perform tests on their website pages for optimization purposes.
About the research: The report was based on data from an online survey of 336 marketers conducted in May 2014. Respondents came from a mix of locations (64% US, 36% international) and categories (42% B2B, 29% B2C, 29% agency).
Continue reading "Website Optimization: Marketers' Top Goals and Areas of Focus" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Web Sites: