How much time do B2B enterprise marketers spend engaging with industry-related content? What content do they consume and share? How do they describe their work on LinkedIn?
Kapost recently tackled these questions in a report examining the content habits of B2B enterprise marketers. The report was based on data from a survey of 105 marketers from companies with 1,000+ employees, as well as an in-depth qualitative and quantitative analysis of the LinkedIn profiles of 119 enterprise marketers.
Below, key findings from the research.
- The Harvard Business Review, MarketingProfs, and The Wall Street Journal are the most trusted news sources by respondents.
- Blogs are the industry-content type most consumed by respondents regularly (58% say they read); followed by infographics (48%) and whitepapers (48%).
- 10x as many respondents say they trust thought leaders compared with corporate blogs (41% vs. 4.1%).
- Respondents prefer to use email to share (77%) and receive (69%) content.
- 91% B2B enterprise marketers regularly use LinkedIn for professional content; 64% visit online news sites; 29% use Twitter; 27% Facebook.
- More than half (53%) of B2B enterprise marketers spend fewer than two hours a day engaging with industry content. Moreover, 31% say they probably overestimate how much time they spend with this sort of content.
- The four most popular words used by B2B enterprise marketers in their job titles—other than expected terms such as "marketing," "manager," or "director"—are "content," "global," "social," and "digital."
- Other words commonly used by B2B marketers in their LinkedIn job titles include: "communications," "strategist," "solutions," and "technology."
- When B2B marketers take new jobs, they are increasingly using the words "content" and "digital" to describe their roles.
For more insights from the report, check out the infographic:
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 105 marketers from companies with 1,000+ employees, as well as an in-depth qualitative and quantitative analysis of the LinkedIn profiles of 119 enterprise marketers.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Your Thought Leadership Content: Emphasize Experience (Or Pay the Google Penalty)
- Unlocking the Secrets of 'Ridiculously Good Content' | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- Publications Don't Want Your AI-Generated Content
- Maximizing Your Reach—Key Concerns in Promoting and Amplifying Your Content: James Tennant on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Art of Interviewing: Four Tips for Conducting Engaging Podcast and Radio Interviews
- Unleashing the Power of Short-Form Video | Marketing Smarts Live Show