The report was based on data from a survey of 211 B2B professionals (50% in Sales, 50% in Marketing) from around the world (67% in North America, 18% Europe, 10% Asia, 5% other).
Some 54% of marketers surveyed say the two teams are somewhat aligned in their organization; a similar proportion of salespeople say the same: 58%.
Only 17% of marketers and 14% of salespeople say the two teams are fully aligned.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Sales is less satisfied with Marketing than Marketing is with Sales: 42% of marketers say they are either satisfied or very satisfied with their peers in Sales, whereas only 35% of salespeople say they are satisfied or very satisfied with Marketing.
Only 37% of all respondents say lead data is fully shared between their organization's marketing and sales teams.
Some 16% of salespeople say data is siloed between the two groups, compared with 12% of marketers.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 211 B2B professionals (50% in Sales, 50% in Marketing) from around the world (67% in North America, 18% Europe, 10% Asia, 5% other).
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Sales:
- What Top Salespeople Do Differently Across the Sales Cycle [Infographic]
- Empowering Sales Success—The Role of Marketing in Sales Enablement: Owen Richards on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- What Nicolas Cage Can Teach Us About the Challenger Sale
- Your Guide to B2B Appointment-Setting for Better Sales
- The State of B2B Sales in 2023
- The Power of a B2B Referral Generation Program | Marketing Smarts Live Show