The report was based on data from a survey of 328 senior B2B marketing executives, three-quarters of whom work for companies in the technology sector. Most respondent (84%) say they invest some budget in analytics.
Most B2B marketers (85%) say they are able to use their organization’s analytics data to measure digital marketing effectiveness, and 65% say analytics has helped increase their organization’s sales revenue by more than 10%.
Email is the most tracked B2B digital marketing tactic (100% of respondents who use the tactic measure effectiveness), followed by content marketing (86%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 89% of respondents say they use analytics to improve marketing performance.
- 73% use analytics to gain better visibility into the sales funnel.
- 82% of B2B marketers surveyed say they look for a cross-channel view of results when evaluating marketing analytics tools/technologies.
- 68% say predictive and prescriptive analytics is an important capability.
Tools and Technologies
- 77% of respondents use analytics dashboards.
- 73% use spreadsheets to track metrics.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 328 senior B2B marketing executives, three-quarters of whom work for companies in the technology sector.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- Digital Marketing for Biotech Companies: From Clinical Trials to Clicks
- B2B Branding, Stories, Social Efforts, and Disruptive Innovation for Your Company | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- The 10 Biggest Emerging Global Risks According to Experts
- Seven Tactics Marketers Can Learn From IKEA [Infographic]
- A Playbook for Marketing-Led Growth | Marketing Smarts Live Show
- What Makes B2B Influencer Marketing Programs Successful