The report was based on data from a survey of 328 senior B2B marketing executives, three-quarters of whom work for companies in the technology sector. Most respondent (84%) say they invest some budget in analytics.
Most B2B marketers (85%) say they are able to use their organization’s analytics data to measure digital marketing effectiveness, and 65% say analytics has helped increase their organization’s sales revenue by more than 10%.
Email is the most tracked B2B digital marketing tactic (100% of respondents who use the tactic measure effectiveness), followed by content marketing (86%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 89% of respondents say they use analytics to improve marketing performance.
- 73% use analytics to gain better visibility into the sales funnel.
- 82% of B2B marketers surveyed say they look for a cross-channel view of results when evaluating marketing analytics tools/technologies.
- 68% say predictive and prescriptive analytics is an important capability.
Tools and Technologies
- 77% of respondents use analytics dashboards.
- 73% use spreadsheets to track metrics.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 328 senior B2B marketing executives, three-quarters of whom work for companies in the technology sector.
Continue reading "The State of B2B Digital Marketing Analytics" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Marketing Strategy:
- How to Win Customers' Trust and Loyalty With Unfiltered Marketing: Stephen Denny on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Most Impactful Emerging Marketing Technologies
- Opportunity Out of Difficulty: Four Martech Trends to Follow in 2021
- These Three Experiential Tactics Lead to Better B2B Virtual Events
- CMO Predictions for 2021 [Infographic]