The report was based on data for 650,000 businesses and organizations in 11 verticals that use Formstack's technology.
The researchers examined conversion rates—the percentage of all visitors who successfully submit information via forms—for seven types of forms: event registration, order/payment, contact, survey, donation, contest, and lead generation.
Contest forms have the highest average conversion rate, with 35% of all visitors successfully completing the submission process.
Contact forms have the lowest average conversion rate, just 1%.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Surveys tend to be the longest form type: Businesses include 22 fields, on average, for visitors to complete. Contact forms tend to be the shortest, including only four fields, on average.
Average Conversion Rate by Vertical
Religious organizations have the highest average conversion rate of the 11 verticals examined (20% of forms of all types are submitted successfully); healthcare businesses have the lowest average conversion rate (9%).
About the research: The report was based on data for 650,000 businesses and organizations in 11 verticals that use Formstack's technology.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Web Sites:
- Three Things Every Great SaaS Landing Page Does Right [Infographic]
- Speed It Up: What Frustrates Business Website Visitors
- 12 'Dark Patterns' That Websites Use to Trick Visitors [Infographic]
- The Ultimate Checklist of What Every Website Needs [Infographic]
- The Mind-Boggling Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- How to Increase Leads: Effective Entry Points for Lead Magnet Signups