The report was based on data from an October and November 2014 survey of 262 professionals who are responsible for, or influence, B2B purchase decisions; 94% of respondents are based in the United States.
In addition to contact details, survey respondents say, About/team bio information and traditional marketing collateral, such as research reports, case studies, and whitepapers, also help to establish credibility on a vendor site.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 86% of respondents want to see product/services information on the homepage of a vendor website.
- 64% want to see contact information on the homepage.
- 52% want to see about/company information on the homepage.
- 51% of respondents say thorough contact information is the element most lacking on vendor websites.
- 37% say a client list is the element most lacking on vendor websites.
- 59% of respondents say a lack of technical support information is the sales and product element most lacking on vendor websites.
- 57% say pricing is the sales and product element most lack on vendor websites.
Why Buyers Leave Sites
- 46% of respondents say they'll leave a vendor website because of a lack of message/can’t tell what the company does.
- 44% will leave a vendor site if they can't easily find contact information.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in October and November 2014 among 262 professionals who are responsible for, or influence, B2B purchase decisions; 94% of respondents were from the United States.
Continue reading "What B2B Buyers Value Most on Vendor Websites" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Web Sites: