The report was based on data from an October and November 2014 survey of 262 professionals who are responsible for, or influence, B2B purchase decisions; 94% of respondents are based in the United States.
In addition to contact details, survey respondents say, About/team bio information and traditional marketing collateral, such as research reports, case studies, and whitepapers, also help to establish credibility on a vendor site.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 86% of respondents want to see product/services information on the homepage of a vendor website.
- 64% want to see contact information on the homepage.
- 52% want to see about/company information on the homepage.
- 51% of respondents say thorough contact information is the element most lacking on vendor websites.
- 37% say a client list is the element most lacking on vendor websites.
- 59% of respondents say a lack of technical support information is the sales and product element most lacking on vendor websites.
- 57% say pricing is the sales and product element most lack on vendor websites.
Why Buyers Leave Sites
- 46% of respondents say they'll leave a vendor website because of a lack of message/can’t tell what the company does.
- 44% will leave a vendor site if they can't easily find contact information.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in October and November 2014 among 262 professionals who are responsible for, or influence, B2B purchase decisions; 94% of respondents were from the United States.
Know someone who would enjoy it too? Share with your friends, free of charge, no sign up required! Simply share this link, and they will get instant access…
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Web Sites:
- Three Things Every Great SaaS Landing Page Does Right [Infographic]
- Speed It Up: What Frustrates Business Website Visitors
- 12 'Dark Patterns' That Websites Use to Trick Visitors [Infographic]
- The Ultimate Checklist of What Every Website Needs [Infographic]
- The Mind-Boggling Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- How to Increase Leads: Effective Entry Points for Lead Magnet Signups