Nearly two-thirds (65%) of senior marketing executives say visual assets (photos, video, illustrations, and infographics) are core to how their brand story is communicated, according to a recent report from the CMO Council and Libris.
The report was based on data from a survey of 177 North America-based senior marketers (52% from B2B companies, 18% from B2C companies, 30% B2B-B2C hybrid). One-fourth of respondents work for organizations with more than $1 billion in annual revenue.
Infographics are viewed as being extremely important to current marketing and storytelling strategies, with 57% of respondents saying they are critical; 46% of respondents say photography is critical, and 36% say video is critical.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 79% of respondents say they think the role of video in marketing will increase in importance in the future.
- 60% of respondents say the role of infographics will increase, and 50% say the role of photography will increase.
- 24% of respondents say they say spend less than 5% of their annual marketing budget on visual content.
- 42% say they spend between 10% and 25% of their budget on visual content.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 177 North America-based senior marketers (52% from B2B companies, 18% from B2C companies, 30% B2B-B2C hybrids).
Continue reading "The Current and Future Role of Visual Media in Marketing" ... Read the full article
Subscribe today...it's free!
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Content:
- Create Content That Breaks Through the Noise (But Doesn't Break the Bank): Gene Foca of Getty Images on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- 15 Writing Lessons From Famous Authors [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Use Interactive Content to Succeed at Virtual Tradeshows
- Business Video Benchmarks: Content, Engagement, and Distribution Trends
- How COVID-19 Transformed Sales and B2B Content Marketing—and Five Ways to Adapt