B2B marketers say A/B-testing is the most effective tactic for increasing conversion rates on website landing pages, according to a recent report from Conversion Mechanics and Ascend2 Research.
The report was based on data from a survey of 197 professionals working at B2B-focused companies.
Half of respondents say A/B-testing is one of the most effective methods for optimizing conversion rates on landing pages—the highest percentage of any tactic.
Segmentation/targeting is next (cited by 46% of respondents), followed by copy optimization (44%), responsive design (34%), and event-triggered emails (26%).
Only 15% of respondents say they do extensive testing of landing pages, despite the perceived effectiveness of testing methods.
Multivariate testing—running a simultaneous experiment on multiple elements of a landing page—is seen as the hardest optimization tactic to execute (41% say it among the most difficult), followed by segmentation/targeting (31%), usability testing (31%), and copy optimization (30%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 197 professionals working at B2B-focused companies.
Enter your email address to keep reading ...
Web Sites Articles
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Web Sites:
- 12 'Dark Patterns' That Websites Use to Trick Visitors [Infographic]
- The Ultimate Checklist of What Every Website Needs [Infographic]
- The Mind-Boggling Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- How to Increase Leads: Effective Entry Points for Lead Magnet Signups
- The Secret Six-Ingredient Recipe for Perfectly Compliant Cookie Banners
- Useful Tools for Managing Your Online Communities [Infographic]