Although 66% of marketers rate their personalization efforts as very good or excellent, just 31% of consumers say companies are consistently delivering individualized cross-channel experiences, according to a recent report from SAP Hybris and Forrester Consulting.
The report was based on data from surveys of 1,200 global consumers and 200 advertising and marketing professionals at organizations with 500 or more employees.
Only 16% of the marketers surveyed say their organization is able to capture customer intent and deliver real-time, behavior-based marketing across all channels.
Some 40% of consumers surveyed say most promotions they receive don't deliver anything of interest, and 44% say they receive too many offers.
Check out the infographic below for more insights from the report.
About the research: The report was based on data from surveys of 1,200 global consumers and 200 advertising and marketing professionals at organizations with 500 or more employees.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Smoking Brisket and the Customer Experience: Art and Science With Christian Selchau-Hansen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Target-Audience Segmentation: Why You Need It and How to Do It in Five Easy Steps
- Five Segmentation Gaffes (And How to Avoid Them)
- Relationship Marketing and GDPR: Avoiding the Traps of Personalization Data and Targeting Tech
- Six Ways Bad Data Can Cost You, and Five Tips for Cleansing It [Infographic]