The report was based on data from a survey of 600+ members of the media living in 40+ countries. Most of the journalists polled reside in North America and the United Kingdom. Respondents work across various verticals, including B2B/trade news, business/finance news, local/national news, lifestyle/entertainment news, and consumer products/services news.
Some 61% of journalists say morning is the best time to receive pitches, 30% say afternoon is best, and 9% say evening.
Less-experienced journalists (those working in the field for less than five years) and Generation Z journalists prefer to be pitched in the afternoon.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- PR Industry Survey: The Tactics and Skills Rising in Importance
- Seven Questions to Ask When Hiring a PR Agency
- How to Select the Best Media Monitoring Platform for Your Marketing and PR Needs
- The Personality Traits of Top Digital PR Influencers
- Show the PR Love: How to Build Relationships With the Media