This report was based on data from a survey conducted in October 2016 of of 1,112 US consumers who said they had shopped online in the previous year.
Some 43% of consumers say they prefer to see shipping information on e-commerce websites that has already been personalized, without needing to input information; 38% prefer to see personalized product recommendations; and 33% prefer to see personalized product/service information.
Among overall content types, coupons are the e-commerce website element that consumers most want to see personalized (44% would like brands to personalize them).
Consumers say e-commerce website personalization should be based on purchase history (38% of respondents say brands should know that history) and personal interests (25%).
About the research: This report was based on data from a survey conducted in October 2016 of of 1,112 US consumers who say they have shopped online in the past year.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Web Sites:
- The Ultimate Checklist of What Every Website Needs [Infographic]
- The Mind-Boggling Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- How to Increase Leads: Effective Entry Points for Lead Magnet Signups
- The Secret Six-Ingredient Recipe for Perfectly Compliant Cookie Banners
- Useful Tools for Managing Your Online Communities [Infographic]
- How to Spring-Clean Your Website Content