The report was based on data from a survey of 300 marketing professionals who work for agencies, brands, and/or themselves.
More than half (54%) of respondents who work for agencies say their clients know nothing about content marketing. Just 5% say their clients are very knowledgeable about content marketing.
Some 82% of agency marketers say they create 1-10 pieces of content, on average, for each of their clients each month.
Some 92% of agencies say they produce blog posts for clients; Web copy is the next most popular content type (70% of agencies produce for clients), followed by interactive media/videos (45%), infographics (30%), and illustrations (16%).
Agencies say their biggest content marketing challenges are understanding/meeting client expectations (33% cite it as an issue) and scaling up production (15%).
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 300 marketing professionals who work for agencies, brands, and/or themselves.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 15 Tools to Boost Your YouTube Marketing
- Relationships, Relevance, and Content Marketing for Banks: Shondell Varcianna on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How 'Tangential Content' Can Elevate Your B2B Company's Link-Building
- How to Use Video for Every Stage of the Sales Funnel
- How to Make Product Videos That Actually Drive Sales (Article 1 of 3)