The report was based on data from a telephone survey of 2,000 people age 12 and older in the United States.
Some 60% of respondents say they are aware of what podcasting is, and 40% say they have listened to a podcast.
Just under a quarter (24%) of US consumers say they have listened to at least one podcast in the past month (the monthly podcast audience), up from 21% in 2016 and 9% in 2008.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Direct Response Copywriting: How to Craft Copy That Converts [Infographic]
- How to Make Your Content Work Harder: Seven Fatty Phrases to Avoid in Your Writing
- The Proverb Effect (And How Marketers Can Use It): Author Ron Ploof on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- A Brand Storytelling Framework From Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- 2019 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends