The report was based on data from a telephone survey of 2,000 people age 12 and older in the United States.
Some 60% of respondents say they are aware of what podcasting is, and 40% say they have listened to a podcast.
Just under a quarter (24%) of US consumers say they have listened to at least one podcast in the past month (the monthly podcast audience), up from 21% in 2016 and 9% in 2008.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Tips for Building a Video Marketing Campaign
- How to Use Live Video to Market Your Business [Infographic]
- E-Commerce Holiday Content: What to Write About, and for Whom [Infographic]
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Win at Content Marketing to Generation Z