Which phrases in headlines are most effective in encouraging people to engage with articles on Facebook?
To find out, BuzzSumo examined the performance of 100 million article headlines published between March 1, 2017 and May 10, 2017. The researchers looked at which trigrams (three-word phrases) garner the most likes, shares, and comments on Facebook.
The analysis found that the most effective three-word phrase in article headlines on Facebook is "will make you" (e.g., "24 Pictures That Will Make You Feel Better About The World").
The next most effective phrase is "this is why"; "can we guess" ranks third, followed by "only X in" and "the reason is."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Reasons Your Marketing Messages Aren't Hitting the Spot, and How to Make Sure They Do
- Unleash the Power of Video Marketing for Your Business: Five Ideas for Video Content
- 15 Ways to Tap the Power of Collaborative Content
- Podcasts as a Learning (and Teaching) Medium for Marketing (And More)
- Context Is Everything: Transmedia vs. Integrated Campaigns [Video]