Which phrases in headlines are most effective in encouraging people to engage with articles on Facebook?
To find out, BuzzSumo examined the performance of 100 million article headlines published between March 1, 2017 and May 10, 2017. The researchers looked at which trigrams (three-word phrases) garner the most likes, shares, and comments on Facebook.
The analysis found that the most effective three-word phrase in article headlines on Facebook is "will make you" (e.g., "24 Pictures That Will Make You Feel Better About The World").
The next most effective phrase is "this is why"; "can we guess" ranks third, followed by "only X in" and "the reason is."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Requesting Rights to User-Generated Content: A Guide for Travel Brands (and Others) [Infographic]
- Why Marketers Should Invest in the Stories Format and Stories Ads, and How to Do It
- 10 Shortcuts to Gathering High-Quality Whitepaper Content
- The Biggest Deficiencies of B2B Content Marketing Programs
- Six Reasons It's Time for Brands to Replace Stock Photos With User-Generated Content