Which phrases in headlines are most effective in encouraging people to engage with articles on Facebook?
To find out, BuzzSumo examined the performance of 100 million article headlines published between March 1, 2017 and May 10, 2017. The researchers looked at which trigrams (three-word phrases) garner the most likes, shares, and comments on Facebook.
The analysis found that the most effective three-word phrase in article headlines on Facebook is "will make you" (e.g., "24 Pictures That Will Make You Feel Better About The World").
The next most effective phrase is "this is why"; "can we guess" ranks third, followed by "only X in" and "the reason is."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Secret to Dell's Success in B2B Influencer Marketing: Konstanze Alex on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create Effective Sales Enablement Content
- Content Marketing That's Strong and Fit Enough to Generate ROI [Infographic]
- Can Your Content Marketing Compete? Trends for a Strong Strategy in 2019 and Beyond
- Putting the 'Letter' Back in 'Newsletter': Ann Handley Talks Writing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]