The report was based on data from a survey conducted in 2017 among 5,000 online shoppers in the United States.
Nearly three-quarters (74%) of consumers say free shipping is one of the most important options/features that should be provided when checking out online; displaying clear shipping costs early ranks second (53% of consumers cite it as important).
Although still very important, the value of of free shipping has declined somewhat over time: In 2014 some 81% of consumers ranked it as one of the most important checkout options.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Context Is Everything: Disruption and Perceptual Vigilance [Video]
- Six Neuroscience Principles to Supercharge Your Marketing Campaigns
- The Top Factors That Slow B2B Purchases
- How to Use Psychology to Improve Your Digital Marketing Campaigns [Infographic]
- Holiday Planning: How and When to Market for Thanksgiving [Infographic]