Most consumers are willing to share their email address with a brand, but they are hesitant to share other information, such as their phone number, shopping history, real-time location, and income, according to recent research from SAP Hybris.
The report was based on data from a survey of 20,000+ consumers in 20 countries.
Some 80% of the surveyed consumers say they are willing to share some personal information with brands.
However, consumers' willingness to share information varies significantly by country. For example, only 52% of Japanese consumers are willing to share personal information with brands, whereas 92% of Indian consumers are willing to share personal information. Overall, more than half of global consumers are willing to share their email address with brands.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Meet the Parennials (Millennial Parents)
- Super Bowl Viewers: Demographic, Device, and Ad Trends [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends