The report was based on data from a survey of 1,377 bloggers who write about a wide range of topics.
The length of a typical blog post is now 1,142 words, the survey found. That is up from 1,054 words in 2016 and 808 words in 2014.
The percentage of bloggers who write short pieces (fewer than 500 words) has steadily declined over the past four years, while the percentage of bloggers who write long pieces (more than 2,000 words) has steadily increased.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Requesting Rights to User-Generated Content: A Guide for Travel Brands (and Others) [Infographic]
- Why Marketers Should Invest in the Stories Format and Stories Ads, and How to Do It
- 10 Shortcuts to Gathering High-Quality Whitepaper Content
- The Biggest Deficiencies of B2B Content Marketing Programs
- Six Reasons It's Time for Brands to Replace Stock Photos With User-Generated Content