The report was based on data from a survey of 1,377 bloggers who write about a wide range of topics.
The length of a typical blog post is now 1,142 words, the survey found. That is up from 1,054 words in 2016 and 808 words in 2014.
The percentage of bloggers who write short pieces (fewer than 500 words) has steadily declined over the past four years, while the percentage of bloggers who write long pieces (more than 2,000 words) has steadily increased.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Secret to Dell's Success in B2B Influencer Marketing: Konstanze Alex on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Create Effective Sales Enablement Content
- Content Marketing That's Strong and Fit Enough to Generate ROI [Infographic]
- Can Your Content Marketing Compete? Trends for a Strong Strategy in 2019 and Beyond
- Putting the 'Letter' Back in 'Newsletter': Ann Handley Talks Writing on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]