The report was based on data from a survey of 1,377 bloggers who write about a wide range of topics.
The length of a typical blog post is now 1,142 words, the survey found. That is up from 1,054 words in 2016 and 808 words in 2014.
The percentage of bloggers who write short pieces (fewer than 500 words) has steadily declined over the past four years, while the percentage of bloggers who write long pieces (more than 2,000 words) has steadily increased.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Reasons Your Marketing Messages Aren't Hitting the Spot, and How to Make Sure They Do
- Unleash the Power of Video Marketing for Your Business: Five Ideas for Video Content
- 15 Ways to Tap the Power of Collaborative Content
- Podcasts as a Learning (and Teaching) Medium for Marketing (And More)
- Context Is Everything: Transmedia vs. Integrated Campaigns [Video]