The report was based on data from a survey of 1,377 bloggers who write about a wide range of topics.
The length of a typical blog post is now 1,142 words, the survey found. That is up from 1,054 words in 2016 and 808 words in 2014.
The percentage of bloggers who write short pieces (fewer than 500 words) has steadily declined over the past four years, while the percentage of bloggers who write long pieces (more than 2,000 words) has steadily increased.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Effective Tactics for Promoting Your Content
- Why Podcasts? Why Now? How to Leverage the Power of Podcasts for Your Brand
- How Much Does a Video Cost to Produce? [Infographic]
- How to Align Sales and Content Marketing Teams
- Content Marketing Has Become Risky Business: How to Win in a Data-Driven World