The report was based on data from a survey of 1,377 bloggers who write about a wide range of topics.
The length of a typical blog post is now 1,142 words, the survey found. That is up from 1,054 words in 2016 and 808 words in 2014.
The percentage of bloggers who write short pieces (fewer than 500 words) has steadily declined over the past four years, while the percentage of bloggers who write long pieces (more than 2,000 words) has steadily increased.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The State of Webinars: Length, Engagement, and Feature Trends [Infographic]
- Win at B2B Content by Finding Your Brand Voice: Ahava Leibtag on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Passive-Aggressive Popups and Other Acts of Marketing Self-Sabotage
- How to Use Search Trends for Alternative-Content Ideation in the Age of COVID-19
- Social Distancing Is Changing the Way We Write. That's a Problem.