The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 US consumers who own an in-home AI device, such as a smart speaker (Amazon Echo, Google Home, etc.).
Some 16% of respondents say they would consider purchasing holiday gifts for others using their AI device, 15% say they would consider using their device to research gifts, and 7% say they would consider using their device to buy items for themselves.
However, a sizable proportion of in-home AI assistant owners remain skeptical: Some 27% of respondents say they still do not trust their device enough to use it for holiday shopping.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Holiday Shopping Trends for 2018: Consumers' Spend and Gift Plans
- Consumers' Gift Card Preferences in the Digital Age
- What Shoppers Want: Salesforce and Publicis.Sapient Research on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Staggering Amount of Data Generated Online Every Minute [Infographic]
- What Online Shoppers Value Most in Their Favorite Retailer [Infographic]