The report was based on data from a survey of 1,000 US consumers who own an in-home AI device, such as a smart speaker (Amazon Echo, Google Home, etc.).
Some 16% of respondents say they would consider purchasing holiday gifts for others using their AI device, 15% say they would consider using their device to research gifts, and 7% say they would consider using their device to buy items for themselves.
However, a sizable proportion of in-home AI assistant owners remain skeptical: Some 27% of respondents say they still do not trust their device enough to use it for holiday shopping.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]