The report was based on data from a survey of 1,700 consumers from around the world.
More than half of consumers in Indonesia, India, the Philippines, Brazil, Italy, and France say they enjoy haggling over prices.
In contrast, just 17% of consumers in the United States and 15% of consumers in the United Kingdom say they enjoy haggling.
More men than women say they enjoy haggling (45% of male respondents vs. 37% of female respondents).
The average discount gained from haggling is 17% for men and 18% for women.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,700 consumers from around the world.
Continue reading "How Consumers Feel About Haggling" ... Read the full article
MarketingProfs provides thousands of marketing resources, entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may like these other MarketingProfs articles related to Customer Behavior:
- People's Customer Service Preferences in Times of Crisis [Infographic]
- What B2B Tech Marketers Want From Martech Solutions
- How to Push Customers Down the Brand Loyalty Funnel
- Why People Really Do What They Do: 'Primal Brain' Author Tim Ash on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Do Customers Trust You? Six Tips for Earning Brand Trust in 2021