The report was based on data from a survey of 1,700 consumers from around the world.
More than half of consumers in Indonesia, India, the Philippines, Brazil, Italy, and France say they enjoy haggling over prices.
In contrast, just 17% of consumers in the United States and 15% of consumers in the United Kingdom say they enjoy haggling.
More men than women say they enjoy haggling (45% of male respondents vs. 37% of female respondents).
The average discount gained from haggling is 17% for men and 18% for women.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 1,700 consumers from around the world.
Oh, boy. The dreaded sign up form.
Before you run for the hills, we wanted to let you know that MarketingProfs has thousands of marketing resources, including this one (yes, the one behind this sign up form), entirely free!
Simply subscribe to our newsletter and get instant access to how-to articles, guides, webinars and more for nada, nothing, zip, zilch, on the house...delivered right to your inbox! MarketingProfs is the largest marketing community in the world, and we are here to help you be a better marketer.
You may also like:
- Smoking Brisket and the Customer Experience: Art and Science With Christian Selchau-Hansen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- B2B Conversational Marketing: What Customers Want
- How the B2B Purchase Process Has Changed in 2020
- Marketing From A to [Gen]Z: 'Zconomy' Author Jason Dorsey on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Listen While You Work: The Media Habits of Remote Employees